Thursday, August 6, 2015

Mixed Media Shabby Chic Frame (DT Project for Reneabouquets)

For this project, I decided to alter a inexpensive frame.
    I will list a few products I used From Renea's shop in this description, but for the complete list of links to products I used, these will be identified underneath the pictures, for your convenience, should you want to go take a look in Renea's shop! You can also just click the Reneabouquets link to the right at my sidebar, which will take you directly to the main page!
    I purchased this frame from Walmart. I purposely chose a frame that had enough outer area space for embellishments and the picture area needed to have a nice depth to it. The base of the frame is a plastic. I used Black Gesso and a round foam brush in a pouncing motion to create texture on the frame. I pulled out Prima Tea Thyme paper to use on the frame. I distressed the edges with the Prima distress tool and sewed around the perimeter with my sewing machine. I removed the glass of the 4x6 opening which created a shadow box area. In this area, I layered some of the paper with natural cluny lace from Reneabouquets. This gave it a nice texture. I layered a lot of Wild Orchid Craft flowers, with flowers from Micheals $2 bin and Prima flowers from Renea's shop. I also used a Reneabouquets flower in Camellia pink. Amidst the flowers I added gears from Bead Landing and Prima. At the bottom of the frame I used a wood word from Micheals (LOVE) and added Lindys Stamp Gang shimmer mist in Clam Bake Beige prior to using the Tim Holtz Crackle paint in White Picket Fence. It worked great spraying it first, because then this spray, which is a pinkish beige color, came through the cracks! I like to play off letters in wood words to give it a little whimsy, so I played off the "l" and "o". By this, I mean that I will use embellishment which, when adhered, will still look like the letter, so it still "reads" like the word! I laid a Prima resin angel on the "l" and added quite a few items to the "o". I first added a Prima Junkyard Findings Clock Face, a Bead Landing gear, a Prima Shabby Chic Treasures Oval Frame, a Prima Resin Ampersand symbol, a Prima Junkyard Findings Clock Hand and some Prima Finnabair findings along with a rolled rose. I even added a Prima Resin Parenthesis at the end of the word!  To add a little movement, I hung two swags of chain from the Finnabair piece that swings over to the right on the side of the frame and is attached to a Spare Parts little knob. Underneath the "LOVE" word, I placed another wood word titled "Memories" so that the complete title says "Love & Memories". If you look on the outer part of the frame, you will notice Prima Pipe Parts, Water Faucet and Water Drip. I thought these elements would add a touch of girly grunge! I wanted it to appear as if "time" (the word on the water drip) was dripping on your "Love and Memories". To top it all off and give it a touch of romance, I added two beautiful Tiny Treasures Butterflies (Emmie's Dream) and Glitter Glass in Pink from Reneabouquets. I adhered the Glitter Glass in various places using Prima 3-D Matte Gel.  Here are the pictures:


Here is the YT link to the start to finish process of this project:

Here are the links to the products used from Reneabouquets:
RB Glitter Glass in Pink:
RB Natural Cluny Lace 004:
RB Tiny Treasures Butterflies (Emmie's Dream):
RB set/6 Fabric Flowers in Camillia Pink:
Prima Shabby Chic Treasures Clock Hands:
Prima Shabby Chic Treasures Clock Faces:
Prima Shabby Chic Treasures Resin Oval Frames:
Prima Fleur De Lys Flowers in Ivory:
Prima Symphony Blend Flowers in Amoroso Pink: